“Contrary to widespread opinion, not only will a properly conducted program of strength training produce increases in muscular strength but will also significantly improve an individual’s level of cardiovascular condition.” – TOTAL CONDITIONING: A Case Study
- Women Working out with weights two to three times a week using challenging strength training exercises along with a nutritional plan higher in protein will burn calories more efficiently. Why? Weight training will . . .
- Supplements It has often been said that most bodybuilders would willingly drink a glassful of sh#!t every day if it would make their arms grow by a half an inch. This, statement, however, could probably be said about . . .
- Sports All athletes usually learn their respective sports first when they are in their formative years before they ever venture into a weight room and squat with a barbell. . .
- Recovery Recovery is a subject often overlooked. You probably didn’t know that adequate sleep is more important to your immune system than any kind of supplementation program. In order to make maximum progress in weight training . . .
- Nutrition Without exception, anybody who has ever existed has had some issue with food. This is even truer for the weight training health and fitness crowd. Food is not just something that we want to taste good . . .
- Injuries You’ve heard the old joke: You go to the doctor and tell him, “Doctor, it hurts when I do this.” Then he replies, “Then don’t do that.” This is not funny if weight training is an integral part of your lifestyle. The cause . . .
- Exercises Not all people who weight train do so for the same reason. Some are like bodybuilders who are using weight lifting movements to train their muscles to get bigger. Others are like powerlifters and Olympic weight lifters who . . .
- Equipment Not everyone has the money for a gym membership let alone to buy up a third of a sporting goods store to stock the "extra" room with a Smith or “Jones” machine, adjustable dumbbells, a treadmill or . . .
- Concepts There is a concept in weight training known as the SAID principle. The SAID acronym stands for “specific adaptation to imposed demands” which means that if you train in a specific way, you will get better in . . .
- Bodybuilding Not everyone who trains with weights is necessarily trying to set world records in the big powerlifting and Olympic lifts. There is a large group of weight trainers who wish to simply sculpt their physiques. They are called bodybuilders. Many bodybuilders train . . .
- Beginners Weight training for beginners may be at first intimidating. There are many things to learn such as which repetition ranges are best to use. Many people do not realize that strength is a skill . . .
Latest News & Articles
- Using a Foam Roller for SMRWhy a Foam Roller? After
- Killer Leg Workout RoutineA great leg workout routine
- The Best Chest Workout RoutineWhat kind of person who
- Why You Need Omega 3 Fatty Acids 1 Omega 3 fatty acids were
- The Six Best Shoulder ExercisesThere are about a half
- Should Pregnant Women Weight Train?Many women practice exercise regimens